Post Top Ad

Friday, December 31, 2010

Announcing MEC(Microwave Easy Cooking) event for January 2011

Hi friends!! This is last post of this year and here I'm announcing a great event MEC(Microwave Easy Cooking) which I'm hosting for January2011, started by Srivalli of Cooking 4 All Seasons. Last month I received a mail from her asking if I would like to guest host her event. I could not go away this opportunity at any cost and chose to host for January itself, the first event of 2011 on my blog.

MEC already covered all sorts of themes ranging from sweets, snacks, rice with side dishes till steamed dishes. So, I thought a lot about what should be the theme for this month and came up with a Thali/combo meal idea. Like, if someone wants to cook a whole lunch/dinner meal in MW, what combo dishes can be made which will be quick and easy to make. So, in one word, 
the theme for January'11 is Combo Meal (with 3 dishes-Rice/pulao/biriyani, one Side dish-curries/gravies, dessert)




Here are the few guidelines and rules for this event :

  • As I mentioned the theme is combo meal. You have to make a combo meal of 3 dishes. One main dish like rice/pulao/biriyani, one side dish to go with it like any curry or gravy and a dessert. 
  • The entire cooking needs to be done in Microwave only. Of course, you can use food processor for grinding stuffs, but don't use any stove top or oven.
  • Do not submit any entry if you've just used Microwave for the final process.
  • Please mention the cooking method with proper timing and power in your post as it's very important for microwave cooking.
  • For your convenience, I would suggest, you can post one dish at a time and at the last item you're posting for this theme, you can link the other two items and link with this event announcement. Or if you want, you can post all the 3 dishes together too.  
  • You final post should be linked with this event announcement and Srivalli's MEC Page 
  • Entries can be veg or non-veg. Both are allowed.
  • Multiple combo entries are accepted. Entries from you archives are also allowed. For archived entries, just repost during event duration and link with this event announcement and Srivalli's MEC page
  • Recipes submitted to other events are also permitted.
  • Non-bloggers can also participate..send your recipes with your name to this email : riappyayan(at)gmail(com)
  • Please submit your entries to the above mentioned email address with the following details,
            Your name :
            Blog name :
            Post name
:
            Post URL :
  • Event timeline is from January 1st, 2011 till January 31st, 2011.
  • Using of logo is not mandatory, but will really appreciate if you use it. 
I hope, I could make you understand the theme and the guidelines clearly. Please follow them and send me your creative entries within the timeline. If you've any queries, just drop me a mail. Hope I'll get your support on this event like always.


Friday, December 31, 2010 / by / 6 Comments

6 comments:

  1. Excellent!..Thanks for hosting this..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing u a happy and prosperous new year to u and ur family..Interesting theme, will send my entries..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sri fro giving me this opportunity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, priya and I wish the same for you and your family..will be waiting for your entries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy hosting dear and happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice event. i have included this in my Food Blogs Event Calendar.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your valuable feedback. This means a lot to me...

Post Top Ad