Post Top Ad

Friday, January 30, 2015

Mother's Recipe Challenge :: Tandoori Paneer Tikka Butter Masala

   As I mentioned in my last Post, "Mother's Recipe" has invited me to take part in their "Innovative Recipe Challenge". As a part of this contest, they sent me some of their ready-to-cook products. I've to come up with a recipe with my own twist with that product and also have to blog about my experience. I've already tasted their Chirer Pulao/Instant Poha Mix and created a recipe with it. You can find the recipe here.
   Today, I've tasted their Paneer Butter Masala and instead of raw paneer, I made tandoori masala Panner tikka with assorted spices and then dunked the tikkas in their Butter Masala gravy. It tasted heavenly, I must say. I made tandoori Panner many times at home, but always used them as an appetizer, never used as a main dish. Thanks to Mother's Recipe for giving me this opportunity to try something different for this contest and also thankful to Mother's Recipe for recognising me as a leading food blogger. Now let's see how I did this preperation....
  


You need :
The marinade for the tikkas :
Paneer : 15-18 pieces, or as needed
Green capsicum : 1, cut into small square shaped chunks
Tomato : 1, cut and deseed, and then cut into small square shaped chunks
Thick yoghurt : 2 tblsp.
Ginger-garlic paste : 1 tblsp.
Turmeric Powder : a pinch
Black Pepper Powder : 1 tsp.
Red Chilli Powder : 1-2 tsp. or to taste
Coriander Powder : 2 tsp.
Tandoori Masala : 2 tsp.
Salt : 1 tsp.
Lemon juice : 1 tsp.
Besan/Chickpea Flour : 2 tblsp.
Dry fenugreek leaves/Kasuri Methi : 1 tblsp. 
Oil : 1 tsp.
For the gravy :
Mother's Recipe Paneer Butter masala : 1 pkt.
Fresh Cream : 1 tblsp.
Dry fenugreek leaves/Kasuri Methi to garnish





How To :
  • First marinate the paneer pieces with lemon juice and black pepper powder for 1/2 an hour. Meantime, prepare the second marinade, mixing rest of the ingredients in another bowl except oil. After 30 minutes of first marinade, marinate the paneer, capsicum and tomato pieces with second marinade and keep aside for 45 mins.-1 hour. 
  • Now arrange paneer, capsicum and tomato pieces alternately in a skewer or in a toothpick, I didn't have skewer, so I did in a toothpick. 
  • Then place these toothpicks on a greased baking tray, drizzle little oil on every skewer and grill them for 20 minutes on both sides. When top part is done, flip and grill for another 15-20 minutes or top part has browned well. Your Tandoori Paneer Tikka is done.
  • Now prepare the Butter masala gravy according to package direction. Before removing from heat, add fresh cream and dry fenugreek leaves/kasuri methi. Mix for couple of minutes and remove from heat. 
  • Just before serving, serve butter masala gravy in a bowl, then dunk Tikkas into the gravy. Serve.  
 Here is how I prepare Paneer Butter Masala at home.
Verdict of Panner Butter masala:: 



The butter masala gravy was quite delicious. My daughter is a paneer lover, she loves panner in any form. She specially loved the gravy and the idea of paneer tikka in it. I'll recommend everyone to try this Paneer Butter Masala at least once.

Do checkout the Mother’s Recipe products at http://mothersrecipe.com/
Also visit their Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/imissmymothersrecipe?fref=ts






Friday, January 30, 2015 / by / 1 Comments

1 comment:

  1. Its really new for me and looking so awesome...Definitely i will try now only
    Mummy ji ke recipes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your valuable feedback. This means a lot to me...

Post Top Ad