Post Top Ad

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Ultimate Chocolate Cake


  Today I'm here to share the best chocolate cake recipe ever, it is moist, perfectly soft and spongy. After trying lots of different recipes, I am now done with my search for best chocolate cake recipe. This is with-egg version, but I've found an awesome recipe for eggless chocolate cake also, which I'll share in another post soon. This heart shaped chocolate cake I made on my daughter's birthday and she just loved it. Before trying this recipe, I was just crossed my fingers and hoped for the best outcome and it didn't disappoint me. Sorry for my amateurish frosting, I am still learning. I did the frosting very hurriedly, so ignore that and do your own :)) I'll give you the recipe of frosting too in this post.




Ingredients :
All purpose Flour (APF) : 1 cup
Cocoa Powder : 3/4 cup
Baking Powder : 1 tsp.
Baking Soda : 1/4 tsp.
Butter/margarine : 1/2 cup
Vegetable/canola Oil : 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract : 1 tsp.
Sugar : 1 Cup(whole), powdered
Egg : 2 eggs
Hot water : 1/2 cup
Milk(room temperature) : 1/2 cup or as needed

How To :

  • Mix together first 4 ingredients well and keep aside. Preheat your oven to 175 degree C. Prepare your baking tray greasing with little butter allover the tray and sprinkle APF over it. Dust off excess flour and keep aside.
  • In a deep mixing bowl, first take butter, egg and powdered sugar. Beat with a electric hand mixer till creamy. Add oil and water in the mixture. Beat some more. Add vanilla extract and 1/4 cup of milk. Mix. Now add the flour mixture we kept aside little by little. Beat and add some more. If needed add milk as required to get a creamy batter. Beat with hand mixture for 2-3 minutes finally. 
  • Pour the prepared batter on baking tray and insert the baking tray into preheated oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or a tooth pick inserted at the center of the cake, comes out clean. 
  • Cool on wire rack. You can frost the cake or can serve as it is. I am an amature in frosting cakes. Still learning. I did a choco-whipped cream frosting over this cake. 

For the Choco-whipped cream frosting : (Makes about 2 cups whipped cream)
I followed the recipe from www.joyofbaking.com

Ingredients :
Granulated sugar : 3-4 tblsp.
Cocoa Powder : 2 tblsp.
Vanilla extract :1/2 tsp.
Whipping Cream : 1 cup

How To :
  • Place your mixing bowl and wire whisk in the freezer for about 15-30 minutes. Very important step, do not forget.
  • Take vanilla extract, 3 tablespoons of sugar and cocoa powder in the cold bowl. Mix about 2 tablespoons of the cream to form a thick paste. This will dissolve the cocoa powder.
  • Then add rest of the cream and beat until stiff peaks form. If not using immediately, cover and refrigerate. 
  • your cake must be completely cool/in room temperature before frosting. I used two types of frosting, one plain whipped cream frosting and one choco-whipped cream frosting, the write-ups I did with melted chocolates and there are some chocolate pieces I used for decoration. 
  • After you are done frosting, keep the cake refrigerated for 1 hour before cutting the cake, to set the frosting. 

 Try this cake recipe, friends and let me know how have you liked it.






Wednesday, May 07, 2014 / by / 3 Comments

3 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your valuable feedback. This means a lot to me...

Post Top Ad