Post Top Ad

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Schezwan Panner with homemede schezwan Sauce

My readers must have noticed my love for Chinese food by now. I love, love and love Chinese food and specially if it is fiery hot like Schezwan sauce. Some days back, my sudden crave for spicy food, made me try out to make schezwan sauce at home and I surprised my paneer lover daughter with schezwan paneer. The sauce itself is so easy-to-make at home. I don't like the taste of store-bought schezwan sauce, so thought to give it a try. But I was in so hurry, that I didn't take any photo of the sauce, next time I make, I'll update this space with a pic. for sure. I tried the recipe from my fellow blogger, Aarti of Yummy Tummy. She made in bigger quantity, but as this was my first try, I made in small quantity and according to my taste, not so spicy and not so oily. So giving you the recipe.....


Schezwan Sauce (home made):::::::::::::::::
Ingredients : (just enough for 1 curry)
Dry Red chilli : 5, slitted and desseded
Garlic : 3-4 cloves
Ginger : 1/2 inch, chopped finely
Soy Sauce : 1 tsp.
Tomato ketchup : 1 tblsp.

Salt to taste
Black pepper powder : 1/2 - 1 tsp.
Sugar : 1 tsp.
Oil : 1 tblsp.

How To :
  • Take the red chillies, cut the top and take out the seeds by slitting them from the middle. 
  • Heat water in a saucepan and Boil. Add dry red chillies in there and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove and drain the water. Reserve the drained water and use it to blend the chillies in a blender into a fine paste.Keep aside the red chilli paste.
  • Heat oil in a pan, add ginger and garlic in oil and saute. Add in the red chilli paste and mix well. Then add tomato ketchup, soy sauce, salt and black pepper and sugar. Mix well and simmer the sauce for 5-7 minutes.
  • The sauce is ready. Cool and store this sauce in an air-tight container in refrigerator. I used this sauce to make Paneer Schezwan gravy. 
Paneer Schezwan(gravy) :

Ingredients : 
Paneer(Indian cottage Cheese) : 200 gms.
Carrot : 1, thinly sliced
Capsicum/Bell pepper : 1, cubed
Onion : 1, thinly sliced
Homemede Schezwan sauce : 1 tblsp.
Salt and black pepper to taste
Cornflour : 1 tblsp.
Oil : 2tblsp.

How To :
  • Usually in this recipe, paneer pieces are dipped in cornflour batter and deep fried. But I totally avoided that step and sauted teh paneer pieces in oil from both sides until they are lightly browned. Remove on a kitchen tissue and keep aside.
  • In the same oil, add onions and vegetables together and saute them for 2-3 minutes until they are just done. Add schezwan sauce and mix well with the vegetables. Then add about 1 cup water and simmer for 2 minutes. Add panner too in the gravy.
  • Add salt and black pepper to taste. Dissolve 1 tblsp. cornflour in little water and add in the gravy. When gravy thicken a bit, remove from fire. 
  • Serve with chinese hakka noodles or chinese fried rice. We enjoyed it with a chinese veg. fried Rice.

 So, friends, give it a try and enjoy a satisfactory meal....................................................




Sunday, April 27, 2014 / by / 1 Comments

1 comment:

  1. schezwan dishes khete ki bhalo lage. jhal jhal...akhon to khachi na. meye ektu boro holei tomar bari hana debo eita khete.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your valuable feedback. This means a lot to me...

Post Top Ad