Post Top Ad

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Wishing Happy Diwali/Deepavali with Besan Suji Laddoo(Sweet Gram flour n Semolina Balls), made in Microwave

   Wishing all my visitors, readers, blog followers and my blogger buddies a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous Deepavali/Deewali who are celebrating. It's the biggest festival of Hindus and not many people know that it's a total of five days festival. First day is "Dhanteras". In the Word, 'dhan" means wealth, that day Goddess Laxmi is worshipped to provide prosperity and well-being. So, this day holdsa lot more significant for business community. Second day is called,"Choti Diwali" or 'small diwali', so this day diwali is celebrated but in small scale. On this day, in my part of country, West Bengal/Bengal celebrates "Kali Puja" or Deepavali, as we call it. While rest of the country worships Goddess Laxmi, we worship Goddess Kali. It is second biggest festival of Bengal and equally celebrated with much gusto and enthusiasm like rest of the country. Kali puja is cPeople lights up diyas and candles at home, Goddess Kali is worshiped during evening and kids as well as adults do firecrackers. Third day is Diwali and most important one for Laxmi puja. Fourth day is Govandhan Puja and last day is celebrated as Bhai Duj. Bhai means brother and on this day sister prays for the well-being and long life of her brother. Sisters put a special mark on their brothers forehead and prays for her brothers long -life to the death of God as a custom. Brothers also give gifts in return.
 
       So, India is into festive mood right now and I'm introducing you my another fellow Kolkata Food Blogger, Sarani who blogs from Back to Basics. Before we created Kolkata Food Bloggers, I used to know Sarani as a blogger and also as a friend on Facebook. That time she was in US... me, her and other girls from different parts of the world, we used to chat together our heart's content for unlimited time forgetting everything. Then she came back to Kolkata and became a very important part of KFB. I got a chance to meet her personally. She is very energetic, down-to-earth, sensible and more importantly a beautiful person. She has a very unique sense of photography. An ex-banker and a guest faculty of KPC Medical College by profession, she blogs her creations whenever she gets time. She is also a good writer and has a good collection of her tried and tasted recipes. Now she is back to US again with her hubby and cute boy and her absense is totally felt by all of us, as one of our devoted and active member is missing. Enjoy your life with your family, Sarani. Visit her blog, friends...

   As a part of the event, we are trying out one recipe from her blog and I chose her Besan Suji Laddoo, as it was just right Sweet for Diwali and I made her laddoo for my family on Diwali. I made besan laddoo before but never tried besan and suji combo. After seeing her beautiful pic, I was eyeing to make those cuties. She made them on stove-top, but when I was getting ready to make them, I was out of Gas all of a sudden. Totally shocked, but I didn't let my enthusiasm go down and thought to make it in my Microwave. Following a microwave recipe, I made her Besan Suji laddoo in microwave and I must say, it took me only 10 minutes to cook in micro while in stove-top it takes at least 30 minutes as I made it before.
So, here goes my recipe of Microwave Besan Laddoo.....


You Need : (yields about 20-25 medium size Laddoos)
Besan(chickpea flour) : 1 cup
Suji(Semolina) : 1/2 cup
Sugar : 1/2 cup, powdered(use accr. to your taste)
Ghee/clarified butter : 3 tblsp.
Milk : 1/2 cup
Condensed milk : 2 tblsp.
Roasted Cashew : 1/3 cup


How To :
  • Take a wide and flat microwave safe bowl, mix besan and suji together and place in the bowl. Micro for 4 minutes on High power. Take out once in between and stir all together. 
  • After 4 minutes, add ghee and mix well with besan-suji mixture. Micro for 2 minutes on High.
  • Then add sugar, milk and roasted cashews, mix well and again micro for another 2 minutes on High.
  • Take out, add condensed milk and mix well. There should not be any lumps. Micro for another 2 minutes on High. Take out and check if you can make round balls from the mixture. If not, Micro for another 1-2 minutes. 
  • Do not let it cool, make the round balls/laddoos immediately while the mixture is still hot. Take a little portion of the mixture and make round balls pressing with your finger inside your fist.






Saturday, November 02, 2013 / by / 4 Comments

4 comments:

  1. Have a blast on this diwali.Happy diwali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladoo looks inviting and delicious. Diwali wishes to you and your family.

    Cuisine Delights
    My Event-SPOTLIGHT:"Festive Treat" .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's what I call YUMMY!!!
    I'm wishing you the best Diwali ever.
    Thank you so much for sharing the recipe.

    My best diwali wishes to you and your family.
    Have a blast and joyful celebration.

    Best regards
    Anne Walker

    ReplyDelete
  4. gram flour dishes are always tasty i like it very much. Happy Diwali to all of you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your valuable feedback. This means a lot to me...

Post Top Ad