Post Top Ad

Monday, January 30, 2012

Roasted Winter Vegetable in Indian Spices

Roasting all the vegetables in Oven without paying any attention, is just the right option when you are tired or lazy and same time want to have a delicious and healthy meal. Even you can prepare this ahead of time. So try this and I guarantee, you will pat yourself on your back after an hour. This would be the perfect meal for someone who is busy working on their online phd.
This recipe was just a sudden experiment and without any preperation. As I was making it for first time, I wanted to make it in a traditional way, but while checking the ingredients, I was out of few, so replaced a few spices and experimented with this. I was sure, with all these Indian spices it can't go wrong and let me tell you it came out very well, everyone in my family liked it. So I'm daring to share with you all..................

Photo0749
Ingredients :
Vegetables I added(can be added other winter vegetables like winter squash, leeks etc.) ======
Cauliflower : few florets(cut each floret into half)
Brinjal : cut into thin long slices
Carrot : cut into thin long pieces
Tomato : cut into long slices
Green/red/yellow Bell Pepper/capsicum : cut into long slices
Sweet potatoes : cut into thin long slices
Red Onions : cut into thin long slices
Spices to add ======
Oil : 3-4 tblsp.(olive oil preferably)
Garlic : 3 cloves(finely chopped)
Black Pepper to taste
Salt to taste
Basil leaves : 1 tblsp.
Kasuri Methi (dried fenugreek leaves) : 2 tblsp.
Corianer seeds : 1 tblsp.(coarsely grounded)
Cumin seeds : 2 tsp. (coarsely grounded)

Method :
  • Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
  • Cut all the vegetables as said in the ingredients list on shown in the picture. All the vegetables will shrink while baking, so don't cut them too small.
  • Photo0745
  • Place all the cut vegetables in a oven proof baking tray. Pour olive oil, add salt, black pepper and all the spices over the vegetables. Toss well. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until all the vegetables are tender, turning once or twice with a spatula.
  • Serve hot.
This one is obviously going to take part in my ongoing event,

SPotlight : Winter Vegetables





Monday, January 30, 2012 / by / 9 Comments

9 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your valuable feedback. This means a lot to me...

Post Top Ad